Friday, April 27, 2012

48 Hours

I'm not really sure how it happened that my week off from school became even busier than my time in school, but it somehow worked out that way. Let me begin by mentioning some of the most exciting things that have happened in the past 48 hours. First of all, I got a request for my first post-MBA job interview! On Tuesday, I will be meeting with someone from LVMH for a position at Louis Vuitton Canada. Frankly, I cannot really contain my excitement over this opportunity!

Also, today my article for QS on the TopMBA Connect MBA Blog has been published! Read my article about pursuing a one-year MBA program here.


This morning, I went to the Sid Lee offices (pictured above) for a meeting regarding the upcoming C2-MTL event, where I will be volunteering. The fact that the entire meeting was in French and I understood most of it is pretty impressive, as far as I am concerned. At one point, we were asked to rank our preferences for our volunteer role, but I just want to participate in any way possible, so I left mine open-ended. Let's see what card I get drawn!

Mostly, these past few days have been a blur of job applications, networking events, and seeing friends. My job application to Twitter has forced me to now become a frantic monitor of my Twitter news and account (@lorihelix). One of my classmates was kind enough to initiate a Twitter hashtag #twitterhirelori to help me to get a job at Twitter. Feel free to jump on the bandwagon and help me get hired by Twitter by tweeting it. Let's see if we can get it trending! In the meantime, check out an article about Twitter's role in politics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment