Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Upon Reflection

I'll be extremely honest in saying that it is really difficult to manage both an academic life and a personal life even on a good day in the MBA program. Throw unexpected factors into the mix and things get extremely complicated and difficult. I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to all my friends and family members who have been patient with me during this program. Your support has meant so much to me. I know that I cannot often be there, but I am always with you in spirit.


Now onto the good news, the things I have sacrificed my time for... My P8 team has secured a client for our Supervised Consulting Field Project. We'll be working on a marketing mandate for the National Film Board (NFB)! Furthermore, our Coordinator arranged for us to work with my Marketing Management professor from P3, who is exactly the person I wanted my team to work with. To say I am looking forward to this project would be an understatement.

This current P5 has, for me, created a completely different shift in the MBA program. For two of my classes, there is an emphasis on soul-searching, rather than theories. I am appreciating that I have this chance to perform a self-reflection, since that is one of the reasons I entered the MBA program in the first place. It is also a change to enjoy the subject matter in all five classes. Now the only trouble is scheduling team meetings, rather than being forced to sit through boring course material. I had my first P5 team presentation today (which, happily, went very well!) and it was so much more enjoyable to speak to a class of engaged students!

No comments:

Post a Comment