Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Outside Involvement


Now I know why at least one of our professors has not yet released our grades. Our Globalization professor Martin Coiteux has been busy with a research study that shows that Quebec could soon be the poorest Canadian province - in only 10 years. Labor productivity, which seems to be the culprit in this study, was what we studied in Week 1 of our Globalization course. More information about the study can be found here.

We are slowly making our way through P4. At least we don't have any final exams in the month of February. We have one Corporate Finance II quiz next week, but fortunately, it's only worth 10%.

In other news, today I spoke with Julie Ricard, Business Development Manager at Concordia University's John Molson School of Business (JMSB), regarding joining the Association des MBA du Québec (AMBAQ). I have not yet committed to it, but I am pretty sure that I will accept the offer to become a volunteer with the organization. It is a great opportunity to network, get involved, and break into the wider academic community here. Before I get back to Julie, I will speak with others at school to see if anyone else might be interested in getting involved, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment