Tuesday, February 21, 2012

MEEX4


In Montreal, there is never a shortage of the number of events you can attend. Tonight, I went to a networking event called MEEX4, where I heard guest speaker Eric Sicotte give a presentation about 25 golden rules for business. I have to admit that, in my limited attempt to "network," I happened to introduce myself to two other HEC Montreal students, however I am happy that I heard about Sicotte's inspiring experiences in starting his own businesses. He really introduced some great innovative ideas in his businesses and his passion for his start-ups are infectious. He would be a terrific guest speaker for one of our Marketing or Entrepreneurial classes.

Things are really winding down in classes as we get closer and closer to final exams. Today, I handed in my second Strategy assignment, which means that only the final remains. Also, I sat with my one of my original teammates who was gracious to offer his time to explain Operations to me. I now have a strong basis to begin my studies in that subject. I'm looking forward to having our debate in Thursday's HR class, so we can wrap up that class, too. Only 12 days left in the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment