Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Electronic Arts


This afternoon, a small group of HEC Montreal MBA and M.Sc. students had a chance to visit the Electronic Arts (EA) Montreal offices. We had a guided tour, followed by a Q&A with five employees. It was inspiring to see employees who were so passionate about what they do and the company they work for. I had already submitted applications for two positions at EA (one in LA and the other in Montreal), but now that I've learnt that they also have University Relations positions available, I am hoping to be considered for those, too. I would love to be able to work for EA! I have to say that this was by far the best event that the Career Management Services (CMS) has organized yet.

Lately, everything has been really hectic in the MBA program. Now that we are in Week 4, our schedules are busier than usual, as we approach final assignments and exams. But on top of that, we're also in the midst of planning for P8's Supervised Consulting Project and P7's Campus Abroad, while still balancing our other demands, such as our job search, AEMBA duties, and other extra-curriculars. Lack of sleep and my impending cold aren't helping either. I'm hoping that the end of P4 and March Break will bring me rejuvenation - I'll need it for my business proposal competition!

The good news is that the Finance quiz is behind me and the weekend is quickly approaching. I just have to make it through Operations (our assignment is due tomorrow - yikes!) and HR, where my classmates will be debating whether women have themselves to blame for not making it into top management. Coincidentally, there was a Harvard Business Review (HBR) article on Monday about this exact issue.

As I will be taking the Being a CEO course in P5, I found this news particularly interesting:  CEOs spend most of their time in meetings, and the time they spend in the firm helps the company's performance. According to the article, "time devoted to activities that mostly benefit the firm is more strongly correlated with productivity than time devoted to activities that mostly yield private benefits." P5 cannot come soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment