Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Tangled Web

Interestingly, news source Asian Correspondent recently released a list of the top North American business schools for Asian students and HEC Montreal is on the list. I'm not sure what exactly qualifies as being a good school for Asian students, but alas, I did not make this list. See the article here.

Yesterday, in our Digital Marketing class, our professor showed us two videos featuring Clayton Christensen of Harvard Business School. Coincidentally, immediately after leaving class, my Zite news feed had two articles featuring this acclaimed professor. The first article was about his latest book, How Will You Measure Your Life, and the second article was from Fast Company with a featured excerpt from the book, explaining how to find work that you love. For those students who found Christensen's work particularly interesting, these should prove to be good reads.


Although I have been sleep-deprived these past few days, I finally caught up on my sleep last night - I slept for 10 hours! It proved to be beneficial, since I was able to complete my 10-page paper for From Boss to Coach today. This evening, I also attended webcom Montreal for a free speed-keynotes conference, where I got to hear from Rawn Shah (@rawn), Sameer Patel (@sameerpatel), Jeremiah Owyang (@jowyang), and Stowe Boyd (@stoweboyd). I really liked the examples that Stowe Boyd used, particularly when he mentioned a Lock Haven University study that showed that Twitter users earned half a GPA point higher than non-users (see article here).

No comments:

Post a Comment