Friday, May 4, 2012

Genuine Article

I really wish I had read Entrepreneur's "7 Tips for Networking" before I had attended our MBA recruitment event on Wednesday night. It would have been great to have seen these pointers beforehand, as a quick reminder of how to proceed. At least I have them available for next time!


Today, I have been doing a ton of reading for my Selling and Negotiating, Services Marketing, and Digital Marketing Strategy classes. In the midst of working on my Alumitech case for Selling and Negotiating, I happened to come across an Inc. article entitled "What a 9-Year-Old Can Teach You About Selling." Although I had already started my individual case assignment, I was happy to see my key points emphasized in the article, confirming that I was on the right path.

Looking at my calendar, it seems that just like last semester, every day that I have class, I have an assignment due. I have a feeling that P6 is going to be an overwhelming experience. Keeping up with courses, going through the job application process, volunteering for C2-MTL, and beginning work on my P8 Supervised Consulting Project are just a few of the things that will keep me busy this semester.

I have to say, though, this MBA experience has not only benefitted me, but my friends, too! One of my friends, who works for an NGO, contacted me today to ask me questions about partnerships between NGOs and corporations. Not only was I able to share my insight with her, but I was able to send her a couple articles about the topic from back when I worked on my team's Globalization assignment about IKEA and Rugmark.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing this, I just entered the world of ad sales so it's good to have someone remind me of simplifying the message.

    - alex kojfman

    ReplyDelete