Thursday, May 10, 2012

Smoke and Mirrors

The city seemed to be in absolute chaos this morning. For an hour and a half during rush hour, all metro lines were stopped, buses were packed with people, taxis were occupied, and there was bumper-to-bumper traffic on the roads. It was all due to smoke bombs that had been set off at a few metro locations, completely paralyzing the city's metro system. The Gazette article about this morning's metro incident is here.

I suppose that many of my MBA classmates were able to safely avoid the situation, since they were en route to Toronto for MBA recruitment and networking events. I wish everyone in Toronto much success at the events!


Oftentimes, I find links between things in my courses and news articles that I read. But this time, I noticed a link between two things I recently blogged about, and it's a combination I never would have expected:  Cirque du Soleil and Major League Baseball (MLB)! The cast of Cirque du Soleil's "Totem" show was responsible for the National Anthem and first pitch at Petco Park this week. The brief article and video about it can be accessed at MLB.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment