Monday, May 14, 2012

Knowing Me, Knowing You

In From Boss to Coach today, our professor talked about the importance of knowing ourselves, and thus using a learning log to write about our experiences. Fortunately, through my blog, I am already working on this.


Today was the start to what will be an extremely busy two weeks. My team's Starbucks presentation for Services Marketing went very well and we received lots of great feedback from our classmates and professor; although, our professor did point out that it would have been better to include one additional PowerPoint slide with an internal and external analysis. Nonetheless, I am very happy with my team's work!

Between today's classes, I led a tour of the HEC Montreal building for a prospective student who is from Toronto. I was so happy that he asked some questions which were also unknown to me at the time that I was in his shoes. It gave me an opportunity to clarify them for him before he enters the program, should he decide to choose HEC Montreal for his MBA. I hope he does!

It seems that MBA application processes are being influenced by Twitter. According to Culture-ist, some MBA programs are asking their applicants to submit essays with less than 200 characters (see the article here). It is definitely something to think about for tomorrow's Digital Marketing class and my team's meeting this week about JetBlue on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment