Sunday, July 29, 2012

Page Break

My teammates call me "chief editor" due to my ability and interest in placing proper punctuation marks and grammar in our report to the National Film Board (NFB). It is no surprise, then, that I empathized with the writer of the HBR article "I Won't Hire People Who Use Poor Grammar. Here's Why." Like the article's author CEO Kyle Wiens, I am a grammar "stickler."

On Friday, I had to deal with a technical glitch whereby my edited version of our report did not save properly on Dropbox. However, there is one great advantage of P8:  weekends. After re-editing our document, I was able to unplug and enjoy the two-day break. This is something which is truly different than all other semesters at school and I really value this newfound freedom.


Besides, Montreal definitely comes alive during the summer. With a gamut of festivals here, it is a wonderful time to be out and about. On Saturday night, I saw the Just for Laughs Festival Joel McHale Gala at Place des Arts. Even just walking around the Quartier des Spectacles is a lot of fun - the street food at the souk is worth a visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment