Saturday, December 8, 2012

Hollywood and Hackathons

My new life in LA has been a whirlwind of work, networking events, friends, and fun. As for work, we had our remote employees in town this week, so my focus was on making their time in LA productive and enjoyable. I am happy to say that our team-building activity on Thursday at the UCLA Outdoor Adventures Center was a huge success and I strongly recommend it for any company in the area.


This has also been a crazy time of networking events! I had two days this week with two events in one day and today was officially the first time in two weeks that I did not have an alarm waking me up. Even my last weekend was spent at a hackathon (photo above), where I was learning and observing the entire time. I'm already looking forward to my next hackathon experience! These past couple weeks have been exhausting, but truly amazing. I attended all of the following, in order:


What has been great about participating in so many events is that I've already made many new friends. The startup community in Silicon Beach has started to feel much like the one in Montreal, in that I see a lot of the same faces.

It's hard to believe, but I've also had time to do things outside of the tech/startup scene, as well. One of my new friends works at Fox and got me a ticket to see Hitchcock on the studio lot. Also, knowing my love of film, he brought me to see Arbitrage at the Aero Theatre, where there was a Q&A with Richard Gere after the screening. I suppose my life of Hollywood and hackathons is not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment