Monday, October 8, 2012

La-La Land

My first LA week was capped off with a variety of activities. On Friday night, I attended Women 2.0 Founder Friday - Los Angeles, where I heard Holden Steinberg, founder of PageWoo, speak about her experience as a female startup founder. It was a great event to network with a vast array of people (not just women!), including the couple featured in this 2005 New York Times article about Carnet, a luxury lifestyle business.


Throughout the weekend, I walked along the beach and made the most of the sunny time outdoors. I got the requisite visitor sunburn and took photos during the daylight and sunset (pictured above).

Although I'm on east coast time, I've managed to stay up for nighttime festivities. On Saturday night, I went to the Laugh Factory Hollywood with my free ticket from comedian Sunda Croonquist. Since I had already reviewed the all-star comedy lineup, I was shocked when Sunda announced that Dane Cook was there to make a surprise visit and perform his latest material. During the evening, I had a chance to briefly speak with Dane Cook and Anosh Sheytan, an up-and-coming comedian from Sweden (photo below).

Dane Cook and Anosh Sheytan (Swedish comedian and actor)

My weekend concluded with a delicious Italian meal along the beach. Now I'm off to make the most of my second week in La-La Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment